Thanks to Treehugger.com and Cool Mom Picks for hosting an amazingly creative and inspiring Talk on holiday gift ideas for the holidays!
Here are few of the highlights - -
My favorite gift this year is to my parents. They don't really NEED anything, but since they've just moved to a new city, we are getting them season tickets to the symphony. I think this will be a great way to introduce them to the community, and it's not another tie or sweater that will get packed away with all the other gifts from Christmas past...
- If you think about it, what we really treasure are memories as opposed to stuff someone buys in a store!
- Buy someone new to an area one of the discount coupon books for their city or region. They can get restaurant meals for half off, discover new stores to shop, get discounted sports or recreational opportunities, etc.
- My parents love getting gift certificates to hotels near our house - it's a little reason to “vacation” near us, and the kids have fun seeing them, playing in the pool and getting room service.
- My one gift for my mother this year is decorating her house for the holidays.
- A friend of mine painted her roommate's room as a Christmas gift one year - it was something the other girl had been meaning to do for months and didn't have time for!
Here's a link to the full Talk - http://www.themotherhood.com/talk/show/id/62108